Re: steering problems

To: James Shope <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Subject: Re: steering problems
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:48:18 +0800
Jim -

You will get vibration at around 45-60 mph when your shock absorbers
are worn out.  If one of the tires is bouncing up and down on the
freeway (this is the source of the vibration...) you will also get
pulling to one side or another.

I would check and replace the two front shocks.  When checking the
front shocks, you should also make sure they are bolted down firmly
(not too tight though - 25ft-lbs)... if not your alignment will not be
stable and the car may pull intermittently to one side.

Always check the basic stuff first!

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8