Re: steering problems

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: steering problems
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:36:04 -0700
James,
Did the alignment shop check the alignment of the rear wheels/axle too?
They can do this.  If the rear axle/wheels is not aligned perpendicular to
the longitudinal axis of the car, the rear wheels will push the car to one
side (called crabbing) causing a steering pull to keep the car straight.

Also, unequal camber between the two front wheels of one degree or more will
cause the car to pull to the side with the most positive camber.  Further,
if one front wheel has a degree or more of positive caster that the other
front wheel, it will cause the vehicle to pull to the side with the least
amount of positive caster.  Most alignment shops routinely check the camber
and caster and it should show on the report.

Vrooom vrooom,
John
100-Six  Erika the Red