Re: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...

To: Fiat500f@aol.com
Subject: Re: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:24:41 +0800
Paul -

I've never seen a drum brake that didn't bind a little in one spot or
another.  That's one of the reasons why they went to disc brakes
later!

yes your drum is slightly out of round... unfortunately there isnt'
much you can do about it, except run the car and seat the brakes.
Most drums are a little out of round... since there is only a couple
thousandths of distance difference between having the brakes on or
off... you will almost always have this type of result when fitting
new shoes.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8