Re: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...

To: healeys@n4vu.com, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:12:31 EDT
Back in the old days....lol....when I raced english and spanish bikes,
before the time of Honda. We found it easier to reline the old brake shoes
rather
than wait for new ones . Always had to arc the shoes to the drum for best
results....ie put it together, spin it and sand down the high spots on the
shoes
to get them to match the arc of the drum perfectly. That said just driving it
 will do the same thing after awhile. Something you could try with a cold
beer or  two ....just for the dust ya know......sorta like sanding down the
high
spots on  a piston or a head.