Re: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...

To: <Fiat500f@aol.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Does this thinkin' follow??? (100-4)...
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:37:02 -0400
When adjusting the shoes to the drum bring the drum around until you find
the place that binds. Having found that spot, tap the drum with a rawhide
hammer or block of wood and hammer. This will help to centralize the shoes a
little better in the drum. Keep doing this until the high spot has been
minimized. Then you may find you can take the adjustment a bit closer.
On the Hundred, also check that the adjustment screw and locknut to square
the shoe lining across the width of the drum is even and not contacting on a
tilt.
Rich Chrysler