Re: Correct top weatherseal BJ-7

To: <carlalony2@aol.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Correct top weatherseal BJ-7
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:25:27 -0400
Lony,
Originally the stuff was a grey woven cotton covering barbed steel clips. Of
course this stuff faded to a straw colour and the clips added to the decay
and discolouring by sending rust stains through.
As of yesterday 17th April even MacGregor doesn't have the exact stuff. What
he has just received is a neutral sort of taupe grey fuzzy stuff (not woven)
that is another colour of his new "Bristleflex" seal. It will clip on as per
the original and will crush easily to result in an effective seal. he has
designed and chosen the colour for this purpose.
The end caps available seem to all be somewhat out of proportion and
oversize where it is to surround the rubber bulb, yet undersize in the
portion that has to tuck in and wrap around the cloth portion. We find that
making a small careful slit in the part that encases the rubber bulb and
tucking it into itself and sticking it with a couple tiny drops of Zap-a-Gap
(slightly thickened ACC adhesive) to effectively reduce the size of the end
cap seems to greatly improve it's fit. In fact ACCing the cap in place
really helps it stay put.
Rich Chrysler