Re: Re: Speedo Woes '65 BJ8

To: "Doug Newton" <dnewton@nappco.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Speedo Woes '65 BJ8
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:31:41 -0700
Here is something that Margaret Lucas at Mo-Ma told me.  Many of the
replacement speedometer cables have the instrument end of the cable cut too
long.  The cable has a collar at the instrument end.  The cable must not
extend more than 3/8" beyond this collar.  She said that if the cable
extends more than that, it puts pressure on the part that spins.  This is
more or less what is said below, but w/ a little more detail.

John Snyder