Re: Two wheel towing

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two wheel towing
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:41:29 -0700
I have towed my Healey on at least two occasions to Healey Meets.  One was
for over 2,000 miles (Vacaville, CA, to Whistler, BC, and back) and another
of over 600 miles (Vacaville, CA, to Santa Maria, CA, and back).  I did not
disconnect the drive shaft and suffered no damage to the tranny.  I did
slightly overfill the tranny (1/8 inch or so) to assure that the lay gear
was completely submerged thus assuming that all gears would receive some
lubrication.  It seems that luck has been with me in doing this as I have
also heard the horror stories through the grapevine.  I have never actually
met anyone, however, who has claimed damage to a tranny in this manner.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031