RE: How did we pick our Marque?

To: caws52803@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: How did we pick our Marque?
From: healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:27:05 -0500
OK. For me, it has been a life long love affair. My first car was a 48 Ford
which I bought with paper delivery money when I was 15 (1955) I learned how
to remove an engine and tranny and rebuild them because they both were shot.
A year later I got my drivers license (This was in California in the 50's -
think "American Graffitti" proud to say I lived it. I could be compared to
"Toad") At about the time I was old enough to get my license, the engine and
tranny had been rebuilt and one of the wealthier kids got a Austin Healey
100 for graduation from high school in 1956. Thank god, he was one of my
friends and thus my obsession with Healey. Rallies, Gymkhanas and all that
stuff. After High School in 1958, I could not afford a Healey and drove a
lot of Detroit iron until the Sprites came out. I bought one, kept it for
several years and then the kids came. I was ready to sign the papers for a
BJ8 when the first son was conceived. So, back to Detroit. Fast forward to
1980 and I saw one that had been wrecked. Bought it, couldn't find a way to
fix the frame which was bent into a soft "u" - sagged more than a Sumo
wrestlers belly. Onward to 1995 and you can read the latest in my Web site,
URL listed below.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com