Re: How did we pick our Marque?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque?
From: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:08:40 -0600
In the game of I can top that; here is my story.  In 1954 I met a little
girl that changed my life forever.  I was only 9 and she was 8 but we really
hit it off, we spent all summer together.  Then the next and the next until
we were old enough to officially date.   While we were waiting to get old
enough to date, we would sit on her grandmother's front porch and I would
look at the headlights and listen to the sounds of cars coming down the
street.  I got pretty good and could identify every car that passed by just
the sound.  One evening, in about 1959, I heard a sound that I couldn't
recognize, but couldn't forget.  As it passed I could see that it was an
Austin Healey 100.  It made an impression that has stuck with me ever since.
In 1963 I needed a car and found a MK II Sprite and had to have it, afterall
a 3000 was $2K more.  But later that year I ran the Sprite under a Buick and
totaled it.  Later the same year the girl and I split to never see each
other again, or so we thought.  40 years passes and I finally have a BN1 and
life is OK.  Then by a strange happenstance the Girl, now a mature beautiful
woman, and I make contact.  One thing leads to another and we decide we made
a mistake 40 years ago and are now married.  I left off all of the gory
details but life is good.  Alas, the Healey was sold to ease the "strain" of
multiple divorce's that were required to allow us to be together.   We now
have a nice TR4A and still attend all of the shows and drives with the car
club.   We travel often with a good friend that has a BJ8, hang out with the
Healey folks and maybe soon we will rejoin the Healey group.

Mark

Nashville