RE: How did we pick our Marque?

To: ahmcmlix@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: How did we pick our Marque?
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:11:34 +0000
I was into cars as a kid and always wanted a Cobra or a GT40 (Dad was a
factory rep for Ford, thus the bias), but got interested in Healeys because they
kinda looked like Cobras (well, to a 10-year old).  Bought a clapped-out 3000
as a young man and drove it for awhile and sold it, vowing to buy a "good one"
when I had the resources.  After college, came across my BJ8 for sale in the
parking lot of the Palo Alto Concours and I was hooked.

Side note: my Dad, who never liked foreign cars, helped me work on mine.  When
we rebuilt the engine, he offered to "break it in" for me and ended up taking an
overnight trip and putting 600 miles on it.  A few years later he comes up with
"barn find" honest-to-goodness 100M and buys it!  Talk about being "converted."

bs