RE: Amateur vs. Professional Restoration

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Amateur vs. Professional Restoration
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:39:09 -0500
Whether the restoration is done by a 'pro' or an 'amateur', it needs to
be 'sympathetic'.
I kept hearing one of the TV guys on the auction using that term.  Like:
'this car has had a very sympathetic restoration'.  Or: 'I would rather
see this car with its original paint than with an unsympathetic
respray'.  Hadn't heard that word used before in association with auto
restoration.  Must be a marketing term used by collector car
cognoscenti.

Dave M.
61 BN7 undergoing very sympathetic amateur restoration