Re: Fuses

To: Mark Endicott <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Fuses
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:42:00 +0100
Mark, don't agree with ".. headlights are not a good idea, don't want
them to go out on the road". I tried to restore the cable harness of my
car, using old harnesses to supply me with the various colored wires.
None of the 6 or 7 old harnesses I obtained could be used as the pvc
sheathing of the wires were all molten together forming one solid block
of  7 or 8 strand pvc cable with the most fantastic color mixtures. In
other words: in my humble opinion the present 35 and 50 Amp fuses are
useless. They are far too heavy for their job: preventing high
temps/fires in your wiring. I am going to fuse all electrical components
in my car and even put relays in for my headlamps, both main and dipped
beam, each side with its own heavy feed wire. If a headlamp fuse  blows
I still should have the other lamp to guide me (I hope).
Kind regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432