Re: Fuses

To: bbfrisby@cableone.net, Jwhlyadv@aol.com, Drtrite@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Fuses
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:55:37 EST
In a message dated 1/29/2006 8:44:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bbfrisby@cableone.net writes:
Any ideas as to what size fuses I should install for each?  I guess I can
start small and work up until it quits blowing in each case, but it would be
nice to at least know where to start.
Bob--

Applying Ohm's law if you divide the circuit wattage by the voltage you get
the amperage.  In practice you are really more concerned about protecting the
circuits from dead shorts rather than the appliances from drawing too much
current, so even if you have a 20 amp fuse guarding a 10 amp lighting circuit
the
fuse will blow in case of a short to ground.  Anything is better than an
unfused circuit--I have two 6-fuse blocks on my firewall, one for circuits that
are
always hot (headlights, side and license plate lights, radio memory, horns,
etc) and the other one for those that are switched by the ignition (wipers,
fuel pumps, turn signals, radio, etc).

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans