Re: scuttle 'shake, rattle and roll'

To: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: scuttle 'shake, rattle and roll'
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:43:15 -0700
Hi,

I don't know if this info helps; Hendrix shaves the tires to perfectly
round after mounting. A tire that is not round will bounce no matter how
well balanced it is. My tires that they mounted, shaved, & balanced are
dead smooth at any speed.

As Blue 100 mentioned, weak front shocks definitely contribute to front
tire vibration. Before Hendrix did the tire work I had a leaky front
shock. A severe vibration would develop & when I topped up the leaky
shock, a lot of vibration but not all,  went away,  until the shock
leaked down again. Rebuilt shocks from World Wide solved the leak
problem. Hendrix put the final touches on a now perfectly smooth ride.

My early (BN2) drums, front & rear, were near perfectly balanced from
the factory & did not need any help. It appears that  somewhere along
the line of later cars  the drums got worse. Or maybe I was just lucky?

Dave Russell
BN2