Re: Late Fridaay Funnies

To: i <eyera3@excite.com>, <MBran89793@aol.com>, <hondohon@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Late Fridaay Funnies
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 12:36:07 -0800
I do not recall electing Mr. Erbs as group nanny. Did I miss that?

As to his points:

(1)  The key of course is WHAT ethnic groups. If they are black, brown, or
yellow, they are off-limits. However, the same people who howl/rave about
this often have NO problem whatsoever denigrating  WASPs.

(2)  If properly done those CAN be funny - NO ONE cares about Irish drinking
jokes, or those concerning Scottish tight-fistedness, or any one of a
hundred others, some of which cross cultural lines.

(3)  As long as the religious jokes do not demean the religion itself, what
is the problem? The fast-running nun does NOT make fun of Catholicism as a
faith. It's just human interaction. Sheeeeesh!!!!!!

I am getting more and more offended by people who are offended. This country
has, in some ways, truly reached the point where the tail IS wagging the
dog. We are so caught up with trying to see that NO ONE is EVER offended,
from cradle to grave, that we risk losing it all. We need to use profiling
where appropriate, and we need to CLOSE our borders to illegals. and, most
of all, WE NEED TO REGAIN OUR NATIONAL SENSE OF IDENTITY AND YES, OUR SENSE
OF HUMOR.

Flame away!

Dick Hosmer
Episcopalian