How big a deal in Concours?

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: How big a deal in Concours?
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:06:06 -0800
Hello Concours Types,

I'm at the crossroads over which top to buy for my '63 BJ7 21172.  It should
have the clip-in rear window to be "correct".  The only supplier I can find is
Moss (021-531 $554.95) gulp.  The alternative is AH Spares zipper window
(HOD120 $238.50) oh yeah!  The penalty is 12 points for originality on the top
- does this mean 12 points off if you have the zipper window and rain gutter /
flap at the roll-up windows rather than the gutterless type and clip-in window
or would the penalty be less because the rest of the top would be "correct".
I need an estimate of what the originality penalty would be before I can make
this decision.  Also it would be nice if the top would keep the rain out of
the car.  Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma