Request: How do I handle this problem?

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Request: How do I handle this problem?
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/A5RU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:59:14 -0500
Hello, Listers,

I have a somewhat unique situation that I need help with.  I know you are
all experienced in virtually everything there is about Healeys, but also
about Healeys and relationships with the spouse.  So, I request advice on
how to handle this - and also, is it just me or is this not really an issue
at all?  I hope you don't think it is OT.

Situation:  I have a nice '65 BJ8.  Also, sold the Detroit iron daily ride
last fall and indulged myself by purchasing a Limited Edition Mazda MX-5
(the new Miata).  It is 'velocity red mica' and has all the performance
goodies.  I love driving it when driving the Healey is not feasible - for
example, the daily commute.  Wife has a nice three year old small SUV (that
she had to have at the time....).   Now, last weekend she decided she really
wants a new yellow Volkswagen Beetle convertible.  Ordinarily, this would
not be a problem in and of itself as I pretty much give her what she wants;
but in our case she almost always wants me to drive when we go together
somewhere and also almost always insists we take her vehicle.  The problem
is that I just cannot 'see' myself driving a Volkswagen Beetle.   Never
cared for them in the past and really don't want to have anything to do with
one.  Not only would I have to drive the darn thing, I would be expected to
keep it washed, waxed, and in good repair.  Am I unusual in that I cannot
stand the thought of having to drive in public in one of those things???
How can an Austin Healey guy drive a VW?  What to do???

Stever