RE: Request: How do I handle this problem?

To: "'Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/A5RU'" <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>,
Subject: RE: Request: How do I handle this problem?
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:00:22 -0700
.....Am I unusual in that I cannot
stand the thought of having to drive in public in one of those things???
How can an Austin Healey guy drive a VW?  What to do???....
Stever:
Having been married 32 years I can say that your options are clear....
You can put a license plate holder on it that says "My Other Car is An
Austin Healey"
Or...
Go out and drive the Lexus RX400H, which my wife did, sold the Toureg, got a
price only $3000 over the regular RX and since we get a $3000 tax deduction
it came out pretty even. A really nice car with great features and cargo
capacity for Healey stuff. Mileage is 36 town and 26 freeway.
Or...
Try to negotiate on the color at least
Or...
Offer to get her a new washer/dryer/fridge etc and say you don't have enough
money to get her a new car "right now". Delay, obfuscate, deny.
Or...
Get a mask to wear when driving the VW if you don't want to be recognized.

Any wife that lets you get a Healey deserves special attention.  Since mine
actually recommended that I buy a Healey then didn't flinch when I bought an
Aston Martin (same color and convertible) she can have any car any color she
wants. Hey, they get what they want eventually.  Just depends how long it
takes them to convince us it was our idea all the time.
Sincerely,
Ron Davies
SoCal
67 BJ8