RE: Removing Bondo

To: "'henry'" <henry@vmtrc.ucdavis.edu>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing Bondo
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:02:24 -0000
Hey Henry.
Not sure if this is practical for you, but the best method I found was to
heat the back of the shroud with a propane gas torch.  The heat movement of
the alloy together with the 'cooking' of the plastic releases the
'stiction'. The stuff releases at the edges first and can be pulled off in
lumps.

Just a UK two-pennorth.
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk