Re: Treasure Lost - Treasure Found

To: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>, Healey forum
Subject: Re: Treasure Lost - Treasure Found
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:33:36 +0100
Tracy, I had the same experience. Thought a simple magnet would do the
trick, but that thing clings to every piece of metal in the neighborhood
so didn't help at all.  After some cans of Heineken I came up with a
cheap (very important for Dutch people!) and simple gadget.
In my country we have to put all electric house cabling in PVC tubing of
either 5/8" or 3/4" dia. I cut a piece of pvc tube, glued a cord to my
little magnet (which fits inside the tube), lowered the tube with the
magnet's end flush with the tube end into the black hole and ..... the
tube prevents the magnet to cling to the surrounding metal but does pick
up the bolt/nut/washer/spanner/whathaveyou. Works like a charm!
Good luck
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432