Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades
From: Steve Thomton <scthomton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 06:52:47 -0700 (PDT)
I'm requesting opinions from those who know, or who care to comment (please no
flaming on the departure from stock.....you know Donald would have changed lots
of stuff by now)........  I'm planning on an engine rebuild in the near future
and would like to make sure I include the appropriate upgrades....originality
is not the issue.

  With the goal of having a 100K mile MECHANICALLY reliable engine (okay maybe
that's a stretch), here's the upgrade scenario I'm considering for my 3 liter
BJ7:
  1- BJ8 cam...... regrind by Elgin
  2- Rear crankshaft seal conversion... from Moss or DWM . opinions/experience
appreciated
  3- Upgraded harmonic crank balancer......from Moss
  4- Upgraded oil pump .... from DWM  ENG672M
  5- Upgraded timing chain tensioner...from DWM  CENG650N4
  6- ARP bolts for main/rod/head .....
  7- Valves/seals for unleaded gas, also bronze valve guides..
  8- Spin on oil filter conversion
  9- Mini starter
  10- Flywheel lightened and balanced

  So thoughts on whether or not these are the best upgrades?  Am I missing
some?

  The carburetors and distributor are not in question....I've got my EFI system
running well.

  Thanks in advance for your consideration and input.

  Steve Thomton
  BJ7