Re: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades

To: "richard mayor" <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:07:59 +0800
Richard -

If you are using your healey to tool around town, keeping it between 1000
and 3000 rpms 95% of the time, would you say the rotary vane pump is ok, or
to you is it gear pump only, ever?

My only issue with the gear pump is the tendancy of the pump body to score,
causing a reduction in pumping volume and pressure with time and wear.
That's why I switched to the rotary vane pump on my BJ8 - the rotary vane
pump has much less of a problem with scoring.  80K miles after rebuild my
BJ8 still keeps good pressure at low idle.

Your thoughts appreciated on this.

Thanks,

Alan

'52 A90