RE: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades

To: bighealey@charter.net, MBran89793@aol.com
Subject: RE: Opinons requested.....BJ7 engine rebuild upgrades
From: "richard mayor" <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:22:04 +0000
What makes you think you need support for the lower end of that Austin
block? There is no weakness there. If you're worried about cooling the oil,
use a synthetic. Are you racing? Then you should be using a DMD pan from
Australia that has larger capacity, better ground clearance, and numerous
gates to prevent oil starvation. Durability?  Since when is a steel sump not
durable?  Looks good too?  That's a lot of money to spend on a good looking
part that nobody can see. And if you wanted engage in spirited competition,
you cannot modify that aluminum sump to accomodate baffeling that actually
works.  Lastly, if you use a good gasket sealant, you will not have oil pan
leaks.  But it's your money. Enjoy.