Re: [Healeys] Engine problem

To: "'Ph.J.Aeckerlin'" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>, "'Healey forum'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine problem
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 06:15:24 -0700
Jack,

As Mike states this is pretty common.  Try to run a higher octane say 94 or
96 (if you can get it).  I put a few gallons of 110 in the Healey over the
weekend since it was left over from the racecar and no, none zero run-on.

But since you likely cannot get high octane at the pump you need a better
way to kill the engine.  A gentler, kinder way to kill the engine than a
clutch pop is:

Set the emergency brake.
Put it in a higher gear (4th).
Slowly release the clutch until the engine just begins to load and then turn
off the ignition.

You should find this to be a bit easier on the tranny etc and will avoid
those embarrassing moments when you pull up all shiny and the gals all
waving and smiles.

Glad to see you have gotten it on the road.

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !
President AHCUSA              www.healey.org
VP/Events Director GGAHC  www.goldengatehealeys.com