[Healeys] engine problem

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] engine problem
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:00:55 -0700
i drive about 4 or 5 healeys in our club routinely and have found some of them
"diesel" while others do not.  my bj8 will not idle below about 800 rpm and it
will run on in hot weather unless i use premium fuel, which greatly reduces
it.  the tri-carb i drive never diesels and i use regular fuel. the bj7 does
it occasionly.  my brother's bj8, which has had the head milled and should do
it, does not and he uses regular.  go figure!!   seems to be random and
unpredictable.   hjim