[Healeys] Engine problem

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Engine problem
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:32:15 +0200
Friends,
Wednesday last I received my license plates and at last, after 6 and a
half years, I am able to take my BJ8 out on the road. It's a fantastic
experience but I have one point which worries me. When I switch the
ignition off after a run of, say, half an hour, the engine continues to
run for a few seconds. Very irregular, the engine shakes like hell until
it dies out. I therefore now put my foot on the brake and release the
clutch whilst in 1st gear - that does stop the engine but I don't like
this kind of rough treatment.
The ignition is a 123 electronic ignition, the carbs were synchronized
by a pro, the engine was overhauled by a pro - what can be the reason
and what can I do to stop it?
Many thanks in advance for your reaction.
Regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432