Re: [Healeys] BJ8 exhaust questions ...

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 exhaust questions ...
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:21:55 -0700
Robert:  As Tom notes, you will get some 'popping".  A previous owner had
removed the resonators from my BJ8 and extended the tail pipes straight
back.  The exhaust sound was generally good.  Under normal driving, the
backfiring on deceleration was somewhat annoying.  On long downhill grades
(in the mountains), it was VERY annoying.  Reinstalling the resonators
eliminated that problem but created the other problem of scraping up the
sidewalk when entering/exiting my driveway.  Like the coming election for
some people, it's a matter choice.  Which is the lesser of two evils?   ;-)
(That is NOT an invitation to start a thread on politics, please.  It's just
a Sunday Snicker)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031