[Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany
From: Ray Carbone <racarbon@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:50:21 -0400
Over the past 40 years I have adjusted my share of SU carbs but recently I find
that I may have been doing it wrong.   I have always been under the impression
that the pin on each HD8 was used to adjust that carburetor's mixture, however,
recently I've read and followed the instructions of 2 articles that indicate
the pin is used to adjust the other carb (i.e. back carb pin to adjust the
front carb and visa versa).

A number of club members and sports car associates seems to indicate that they
were also surprised by the new approach and under my original understanding.  I
can't believe I've been wrong all this time. However, the new (to me) way seems
very logical.   I would like to hear which is considered correct by the list.

All the best,

Ray Carbone

64 BJ8 Phase 1