Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

To: "'Oudesluys'" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, "'Ray Carbone'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:02:46 -0600
Well, sure enough that's what it says and I guess that if everything else
was perfect (compression, ignition, etc) then it could be effective in
adjusting dual carb situations.
 Let's review, when the pin is lifted then vacuum across the jet bridge is
lost and the cylinders most affected by that carb are essentially shut down.
So, while the engine is struggling to run on the remaining two, one has to
quickly decide if changing the mixture on the other carb speeds up or slows
the idle while dragging the two non-fueled cylinders.
 Well, whatever guys, I'll probably stick to my methods, as it works with 1
or 3 or more.
 When in doubt look at the spark plug.
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com