Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

To: Ray Carbone <racarbon@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:06:04 +0100
I have always used the good old Colortunes to set the mixture of SU's of
my Spitfire in the past, fast, easy and rather accurate. CO around 3-5%.
Even use them now on twin Dellorto's, they never fail me. Start with the
jet orifice level with the carbs surface, if you are starting from scratch.

You have to balance the SU's first. The easiest is starting of with a
length of tube to listen to the hiss of each carb at idle and adjust
untill that is equal for all carbs, then set the mixture and then you
may need very slight fidling the balance screws untill the engine is
smoothest in pick up.
A Morgan Carbtune is of limited or no use with a balance pipe.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL