Re: [Healeys] Texas Kooler

To: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>, BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Texas Kooler
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 8:32:54 -0500
And where do you run it?  The six blade stopped the worry of "overheating" in
any climate I have driven in---to include all across Europe up and down Alps
and hot southern France.  And---there were no other issues with the car-----the
head and engine were completely rebuilt to high standards.  ANY stock Healey I
have ever been around had a problem running hotter that "normal" when in stop
and go hot and humid climates-----until more air was passed over the engine.

Another case in point is the S1 E-Type.  It was designed with a POS single
bladed fan that you could hardly feel--AND---when driven in very hot stop and
go driving WOULD overheat.  A simple fix (six-bladed fan) fixed the issue,
which was a design flaw.

Cheers
Tom

---- Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com> wrote:

You are all treating symptons - you need to address the causes. I ran a
stock but fully restored 100-Six,  for 10 years and never experienced any
overheating. Overheating is merely the visble sympton of some other
inherent problem. A fan will help, but its not addressing the real issue,