Re: [Healeys] brake switch

To: 'Austin Healey list' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] brake switch
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:50:38 -0700
Early BN1s have an aluminum rear deck lid, but if you have a steel lid
you can use magnets.  The type that are used to mount CB and ham
antennas are very strong.  They have a suitable plastic cover to keep
the magnet from scratching paint.  Or, if you have a removable rear
luggage rack you could mount the brake light to it.  I would be
nervous about setscrews distorting the almost pure aluminum of a deck
lid.  I haven't tried to see if a bar of steel under an ally lid would
link to a sufficiently strong magnet ....

-Roland
early BN1