Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild
From: Austin Healey <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 00:00:35 +0100
Hello Ira,

Being honest I have also lamented on this engine problem for a while before
making my decision. This is my first Healey. I hope not the last :). I am
restoring cars as a passion. I did some other BMC cars recently. I have long
realized that I find my joy in building the cars, and only enjoy them for a
short period. After this I usualy let them go, and look for another mission.

Although I am not a diehard originalist, I would like to keep/restore my
cars near to the factory spec. Or at least at a level, from where factory
originality could be reached without much efforts. Thats why I would like to
build this car with a 2.6 engine rather than using the 3000.
But at the same time I would easily accept using a 6 port head on this
engine rather than the 2 port. This is something which can be altered any
time with not much work.
And in my opinion, a 2.6 engine with a 6 port head is not much worse than a
3000. Or?
What are the point the 3000 is better than the 2.6?

Gergo