Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild

To: <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>, <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:25:46 +0000
Why is a 3000 engine better than a 2.6?
First, the engines are virtually identical on the exterior. The only visible
difference is the boss on the block where the engine number plate is placed.
Only an expert can discern the difference. ( I am talking about a later 100-6
with the 6 port head).
As for the interior, everything is identical except for the 2.6 block that has
the smaller bore and the smaller pistons. Otherwise, the crankshaft, rods,
heads, valve size, and every other engine component is identical to the 3000.
Camshafts are the same with minor profile variations.
 So why use the 3000 engine?  Because the 2.6 liter engine (2639 cc) was weak
and not fun to drive and the 3000 engine (2912 cc) produced a lot more power -
almost 300 more cc's - that's a 10% increase in displacement !!!!!
That is why people put 3000 engines into 100-6s. Not the other way around.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html