Re: [Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:38:33 +0100
Tom,
How long did the engine not run before you observed the leak.
If an engine has not been run for a considerable time some corrosion may
develop on the sealing surface. This will cause some initial leaking
that usually disappears after some driving. The same with a new water
pump, which is likely to leak a bit until the mating surfaces have
bedded in.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL