Re: [Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation
From: Per Schoerner <healeyguy@bredband.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:55:37 +0100
Tom
It sounds like you have a perfectly usable core, so that you can either
purchase a rebuilt pump from Michael or you can purchase a kit from him
and rebuild it yourself. Don't make the same mistake as I did, I
replaced my perfectly usable pump with a new one, just to be on the safe
side because my car had not been used for 15 years. The new pump lasted
half a year. Needless to say, I now have an old rebuilt pump, that has
served me OK for the last 4 years. Took it apart a couple of weeks ago,
cleaned and relubricated it. I expect it to last a long time.

Per