[Healeys] Spokes & Tubes

To: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net> definitions=2016-09-09_10:, , signatures=0 suspectscore=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 adultscore=0 bulkscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=-40 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1609020000 definitions=main-1609090271
Subject: [Healeys] Spokes & Tubes
From: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@uoregon.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 11:16:02 -0700
Rich Kahn?s post and the following discussion about the HF tire changer began
with his need to install inner tubes because of air loss and to replace broken
spokes.
I?m curious to know how common those problems are among wire wheel owners.

I ask because after returning from a 1200 mile trip to Rendezvous earlier this
summer I discovered a rear wheel with 15 consecutive broken spokes, a pretty
frightening percentage on a 60-spoke wheel.  I bought the wheels new and they
have about 12,000 miles on them.  Never raced or abused.  Needless to say, they
are past the 3 year warranty period.

How common is the problem of broken spokes?
Thanks,
Charlie Frazer