Re: [Healeys] Spokes & Tubes

To: "'Charlie Frazer'" <cfrazer@uoregon.edu>, "'Ahealey help'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spokes & Tubes
From: "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 11:33:32 -0400
Charley:

Similar to you, I found 15 or 16 spokes broken on a wheel that was just a
few years old, and had never been abused.

I contacted the seller, and he indicated there had been a bad batch of
stainless spokes from the factory in the time period when I bought my
wheels.  He promptly offered to repair the wheel for the cost of the spokes
[no labor charge].  I sent the wheel in, and although it wound up being not
repairable [too far out of round], I still appreciated the gesture, and do
plan to use the same seller again in the future.

FWIW, the replacement wheel I bought is from a different wheel manufacturer
- as they no longer deal with the original manufacturer.

Al Fuller
al at bighealey dot org
'65 BJ-8
'85 Rx-7