Re: Kids today...

To: s4usea@hotmail.com, mg-t@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Kids today...
From: "Awini Ambuj Shanker" <alviss@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:38:15 IST
I too am a 'youngster'..in old car circles anyway, im 27.I first drove in an
old car event in 1992 when i was 19, in a 1930 Studebaker.I guess my
interest in old cars developed because i grew up with a few cars lying
around the house,as a child i used to play in them,
I have aquired an MG only recently,though i always wanted one,again,because
my father had one in college.
My MG is a gift from my father's childhood friend,he was glad to get rid of
it because it had being lying around unused since the early sixties,the car
is missing a Lot of parts, including the entire front suspension,shocks
brake drums etc.it will be some time before i start work on this car....
My first collecter car was my father's 1966 VW Karmann-Ghia which was given
to me to fix up and drive when i joined college in 1991,this was my daily
driver all through college and i didnt really consider it a collecter car
then,then i fixed up my Great grandfather's 1930 Studebaker Commander for
occasional drives,this really got me actively into old cars(though ive been
reading up on vintage cars for as long as i can remember)then my father gave
me a junk 1931 Chrysler CM6 to learn on(he didnt want the very original
Studebaker messed up)i restored it and drove it in a few events and used it
as a daily driver through the winter months and then ultimately sold it
about four years ago, then i came across my current project, a 1927 Austin
12/4 two seater and dickey,the car was totally dismantled but i got it
anyway because my father had owned it in the early sixties(it was compleate
and origial then)but it's coming along slowly...and sometime between college
and now i bought two motorcycles too, but i dont ride much now.
regards
Awini Ambuj Shanker
New Delhi,INDIA

1927 Austin 12/4
1930 Studebaker Commander
1946 MG TC
1966 VW Karmann-Ghia coupe
1942/3 BSA M20
195 AJS 16MS

P.S: im geting married on the 13th of November,so soon i should have someone
to pass the cars on to :)and if any of you plan to be in Delhi around that
time,do join us for the ceremonies,i would love to have you.