RE: Kids today...

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, "'Scott Allen'" <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Kids today...
From: Curtis Cook <CCook@ColoradoCollege.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:36:25 -0600
A museum in my neighborhood specializes in industrial machinery -- related
to mining, in this case.  One of the surprising discoveries about the old
machinery is the decoration applied, often meticulously and by hand.  I
understand that to reveal a cdertain aesthetic sense.  Coarse as those
machines were, they were beautiful to some.  The old cars fit this
perspective for me -- art and mechanics all in one.  Tactile and mental,
too.  That perspective may be generational.  But equally, the antique car
game is expensive enough that some of us just delayed getting into the game
until our kids' college tuitions and so forth were behind us.  -Curtis