Re: Sparking Plugs

To: nels@flightsim.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sparking Plugs
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:12:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2007 10:45:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
nels@flightsim.com writes:

> So, my question is, are the current 1/2" reach plugs the wrong ones and
> how can I safely tell? I would imagine if I put in the 3/4" plugs and
> they are too long they would impact the cylinder, which obviously would
> not be a good thing.

Nels, take a piece of stiff wire (a paper clip works) put a short right angle
bend in it and then probe your spark plug hole being careful not to drop the
wire into it.....you'll then know if your head is for 1/2" or 3/4"....heads
got swapped over the years.......a 1/2 plug will maybe work in a head designed
for a 3/4" plug but not vice versa....
Terry in Oakland<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See
what's free at
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>