Re: [Mg-t] [Morris] FYI - Good deal on MGTc on Craigslist in NorCal

To: morris@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Morris] FYI - Good deal on MGTc on Craigslist in NorCal
From: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
I would also like to know what makes someone think that this
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/646614249.html
 is an obvious scam.
   If it were for sale for $6000, I would say sure. But this could easily be a
realist who knows that his car is not very original.  Just a driver.  As others
said; never buy without an inspection, and don't send money to an unknown
stranger and hope the car arrives later.  Whomever is that trusting just has a
"scam me" sticker pasted on his forehead.

  Don't shoot the messenger below in this case.  He or she is just being
cautious in a well meaning and friendly way, and may have been burned before or
read too many stories about losers picking on well meaning people.  You don't
have to be in the wrong, you just have to be visible to predatory lawyers, and
you can become a possible victim.  I understand what they mean; but, this case
of a fellow enthusiast just pointing to a published ad seems extremely benign.

  (and I wish it was near enough to me to just drive over and see it.)

  Regards,
  Jim

 NorCal