Re: [Mg-t] [Morris] FYI - Good deal on MGTc on Craigslist in NorCal

To: <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>, <morris@autox.team.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Morris] FYI - Good deal on MGTc on Craigslist in NorCal
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:58:48 -0400
I normally remain a lurker on the list, but I just had to laugh at lawerly
"name witheld's" concern about liability.  Isn't he concerned about his own
liability?  Or is he hoping the seller won't find out about his defamation and
libel?> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:41:44 -0400> From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>
To: morris@autox.team.net; mg-t@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Morris]
FYI - Good deal on MGTc on Craigslist in NorCal> > I did not recomend it -
just posted it as a FYI - buyer beware - They are not all scams - I just
placed a decent $9,000 '49 Triumph 2000 roadster that I saw on Craigslist to a
delighted buyer who was visiting SoCal from Alabama - yes I know that these
things can be scams but often are not - > > If I am going to be made liable
for passing on a email posting from a public list, I might as well give up
this hobby completely, buy a Toyota and take up golf. So should you
...............> > And as an afterthought - f*ck the lawyers - they have made
automotive events almost impossible to put on and are after our cars at a
state level with proposed legislation that we will someday have to drag our
"collector cars" to meets on trailers behind our hybirds!> > > > Cheers,> >
Ruck Feibusch> Venice, CA> > -----Original Message-----> >From: (name
witheld)> >Sent: Apr 19, 2008 12:08 PM> >To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [Morris] FYI - Good deal on MGTc on Craigslist in NorCal> >> >As
you might be aware, the thieves and scammers have moved from eBay to >
>Craigslist. Just wanted to let you know that from a legal standpoint, when
you recommend a deal like this (obviously a scam), you are setting yourself up
for a liability lawsuit if someone sends the supposed seller some money and
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Mg-t@autox.team.net>
http://www.team.net/archive
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_
Refresh_messenger_video_042008