Re: Water pumps, again

To: "mgb-v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pumps, again
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:54:36 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 For what it's worth, it looks like the shape of the facotry V-8 radiator is
"identical" to the 77-80 radiator.  It looks like all they did was flip it
around, and solder the fittings on the new side facing the engine.  I don't
know if it has more rows or not in the core, but I wouldn't put it past BL
in the late 70's to use the same tank stampings and fittings to save money
(actualy, that's unfair of me, there's nothing wrong with being thrifty).
Anyone have any thoughts on how "tall" the radiator can be without being at
risk of damage from debris under the car?  I'd imagine we could bring it
nearly as close to the road as a front spoiler, right?
James J.