Re: Water pumps, again

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "mgb-v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pumps, again
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:39:51 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
To: "'JJJ'" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>; "mgb-v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 5:52 PM

> For instance why wern't the electric
> cooling fans incorporated in 1975 across the line?

Cost.  They only got them when the V8 body shells were used for 4-cylinder
cars because the radiator was moved significantly forward i.e. away from the
engine fan.  There is room to carry a small child between radiator and
engine, although it would block airflow somewhat.

> Why go to V8 engine
> mounting points in 75 when the cross member was used to raise ride height,
> rather than installing the earlied mountings on the frame rails?

Cost.  Why build two different shells when you could use V8 mounts for the
4-cylinder engine (but not the other way round), and I think it was in 77
not 75.