Woe is me!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Woe is me!
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 10:21:13 -0700
Well, I have FINALLY started back to work on the TD, after a short break
for helping with childbirth.  I suspect Michael (2 1/2) is nearly old
enough to not hit the car with whatever tool is handy...

Anyhow, Sunday I started to remove things from the TD firewall, in
preparation for cleaning it up, straightening, painting, etc.  I carefully
removed the two brass plates, and decided to clean off the 44 years of
dirt, paint, etc that had built up.  Imagine my dismay when, while
polishing the commission plate, I found the sentence "Guarantee ceases on
removal of this plate."  Oh no!  I've voided the guarantee!  Do you suppose
if I'm really careful that they won't notice I've removed and replaced the
plate?

I've picked out a shop for the body work, and with a little luck and a lot
of work, the car should be on the road for next Spring!  I'm looking
forward to finally getting to drive her; she hasn't run since 15 years
BEFORE I bought her.
sf

Stan Fickes             If you want safe speed--buy safe speed--MG.
Wireless comm., ATG     Safety Fast!
Apple Computer, Inc.    1951 MGTD, under restoration
(408) 974-7653          1965 Sprite, daily commuter