Re: LBC, BTW?

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: LBC, BTW?
From: jhoward@argus.lowell.edu (James D. Howard II)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 17:27 MST
> Nope I am talking about the standard 2.25L petrol or disel engines
> that came in the series IIA and III engines.  But it also true of
> the earlier 4 cylinders and the 'L' head 6 cylinder petrol that was
> used in the mid-sixties.  I don't know of any Land Rover engine that
> had an 'lectric fuel pump.

The Land Rover 6 cylinder engine of the mid 60's had twin SU electric
fuel pumps.  There is a whole section of my manual about them.  I went
and looked at one that was for sale the other day.  It was weird to be
in a Land Rover and to hear the ticking of the fuel pump when you
turned the ignition on.

James