Re: LBC, BTW?

To: pclawson@mail.orion.org, Silikal@aol.com, davids@CyberGate.COM,
Subject: Re: LBC, BTW?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 14:46:39 -0700
In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.950914153125.10898A-100000@orionc0> "Patrick M.
Clawson" writes:
> TeriAnn, and whoever else cares,
>
>  How would an off-road Rover (LandRover, I
> take it) get vapor lock? Don't they have their fuel pump back at the
> tank, like an MGB?
>
> I know, I know, it was an excuse to weenie out of taking that particular
> stretch of terrain. . .but it wasn't well thought out.
>
> But then, I could be wrong about the fuel pump location, too.

Yep

The Land Rover's fuel pump is an AC mechanical unit located on the right side of
the engine.  The fuel line goes up & over the valve cofer to the carb on the
left side.  The intake manifold is in physical contact with the exhaust
manifold.  If a trail is one car wide and a car in the middle bites it, the ones
behind are stopped too and everyone deals with vapor lock ;*)

TeriAnn Wakeman           FOR SALE:  1968 MGBGT. British racing green with
twakeman@apple.com                    black interior. overdrive. recently
                          US$ 2500    rebuilt engine & brakes. very minor
                                      surface rust at paint scratches