Re: MGB Swivel hub bushing.

To: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB Swivel hub bushing.
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 11:50:43 -0800 (PST)
Dear Netters,

What with the reaming topic, how critical is the reaming of the lower pin
bush on the king pin? Since that bushing doesn't have to be colinear with
another bushing, as is the case with the two swivel pin bushings, it looks
to me that if one were to press out the old bushing and then take it to a
machine shop to be reamed out to .75 + or - .0005 inches as per the manual
specs., then that should work just fine for that lower pin
bushing. Presumably, a wide variety of machine shops could do that! Or am
I really off base here?